Flowers

What color to wrap bouquet?

My bridesmaids are wearing black stresses with a fushia sash. The flowers are going to be a mix of flowers. With light pink, hot pink roses and green hydrangea and a mix of other flowers. Two of the florists I met with recommended a fushia ribbon to wrap the stems. The florist I chose, is saying to do black. What are your opinions? Does anyone have pictures of their bouquets like this that will help me decide? Thanks :)

Re: What color to wrap bouquet?

• SKeeseeSKeesee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do black or fuscia.
  • edited December 2011
    since the flowers are pink and so is the sash i would go with the contrast of black ribbon.i found this its different flowers but kinda close
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest black. Your flowers are the pop of color. Your dresses will have the fushia ribbon as well. You are talking about the the covering for the stems. Not something you really want to highlight. Use black and they will blend in with the base of your dress. Leave the color in the top with the flowers. It really comes down to do you want to highlight the stems? Good Luck hope this helps.
    Let the Lord Lead... and follow Him.
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I usually prefer the stem wrapping to be the same color as the dress, so it blends into the dress, and puts the main focus on the flowers. I think black BM dresses look great, elegant and sophisticated. But black ribbons on flowers just seem a little too much to me (kind of goth or funeral looking), so I'd probably go with the fucia.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards