Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Growing your own flowers?

So we're going to use calla lilies. I always have a huge garden of them that are gorgeous. Has anyone used flowers from their own garden? I don't know anything about making bouquets, but I've got time to learn? Is there anywhere that has classes on floral design?
June 2012 April Siggy Challenge

Photobucket
When we first started dating. Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Growing your own flowers?

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont know about growing your own, but there's a class in Fort Worth to teach you how to arrange them!

http://www.theconnectionwholesaleflorist.com/floralinstruction.html
  • Options
    tdqtdq
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! A bit of a drive, but if I can't find one in Dallas, it might work.

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thats a great idea! I never thought about growing my own. Well I don't have a green thumb. My bamboo plant died on me. How does that happen!!!!!

• Options
    tdqtdq
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Funny thing is, I didn't think about it until I was looking for bulbs to plant this spring. :p

Photobucket
  • Options
    sarathirzasarathirza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure there is a bridal floral arranging class at Bows and Arrows - its on Greenville in Dallas.  I need to call and get their updated schedule so I can go to a class too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have a green thumb by all means go for it.  I think you should be proud that you can do that and it would have greater meaning if I was able to use my own flowers but I kill everything.
  • Options
    tdqtdq
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_growing-own-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4ce14890-255f-4bbe-b9fe-6fc4332c93faPost:f6e2c4ff-2b10-473e-9432-0b1cb0312c6a">Re: Growing your own flowers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm pretty sure there is a bridal floral arranging class at Bows and Arrows - its on Greenville in Dallas.  I need to call and get their updated schedule so I can go to a class too!
    Posted by sarathirza[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards