Flowers

Corsages & Bouts...should they match?

The main flower in my bouquets is a sunflower and I want to do a single sunflower head as the corsage/bout. My fiance thinks having a sunflower pinned to his chest is "too girly" so I had an idea to use some wheat stems tieds together as bouts for him, the groomsmen, and the dads. Would it be ok to do sunflowers for the women, and the wheat ones for the men???

Re: Corsages & Bouts...should they match?

• edited December 2011
    I think that sounds great. I would probably use Viking mums for the corsages though since sunflowers tend to be too large and heavy for corsages. The viking mums are much smaller (maybe 1.5-2 inches in diameter), but have a very similar look.  Here's a picture.

• mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds like a great idea!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Corsages and bouts don't have to match. 

I like the pp's suggestion of the smaller Viking mums, and think it would look great with your idea of a sprig of wheat, or maybe hypericum berries.

The smaller mums would probably be a better choice for the corsages also, not as heavy.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice!
  • edited December 2011
    Sun Flowers are too heavy and big for corsages and boutonierres.  They are good to carry.  Pick out another flower from your bouquet for the bouts or if it's a fall wedding, your idea of using wheat is great for the groom and groomsmen.  For the corsages, you should match the dresses.  Bunches Bob
    Bunches Bob "Have Fun With Those Blooms"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards