Flowers
Options

Choosing flowers for green dresses

Hope you ladies can help me make some decisions with our flowers.

Our bridesmaid dresses are "moss" (jewel tone olive green) and the wedding colours are green, black and white.

http://www.morilee.com/Bridesmaids/Bridesmaids/dressint.php?idves=246&idcat=2&bsel=&npic=1&idscat=5&numPagina=2&npag2=2&imac=15

I love hydrangeas and have artifical white orchids for our centerpieces.  I would like to keep the girls with white bouquets and have myself carry something in green.  Big question is with an outdoor wedding is it too much green?  Should I add an accent colour (deep purple or hot pink) into the flowers? 

Thanks for any input!

Re: Choosing flowers for green dresses

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girls had green dresses (my colors were green and pink). Pics of my flowers in my married bio.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it would be too much green at all. On the other hand, hot pink and green looks really nice together and kind of has a wow factor.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also had green as my color and an outdoor wedding and it wasnt to much green at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using green as well.  My girls are wearing a green jcrew dress and carrying peach gerbera daisies. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you have a very similar thing going on as me!  my colors are the same green, black, and white.  my BMs are wearing green dresses that have a black rosette at the waist and black shoes.  they are carrying bouquets that are all green and white (more white than green), with black ribbon around the stems.  the only only other color involved is a tiny bit of dark pink on the inside of the green cymbidium orchids.  then i'm carrying a bouquet that is all white and green, but mine will be more green than white.

we are using white calla lillies, white hydrangeas, green cymbidium orchids, green tea roses, bells of ireland, white stock...and i can't remember what else.

so obviously i don't think it will be too much green at all!
  • Options
    klwithersklwithers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks girls, I think I've decided to go with green hydrangeas, white roses and green spider mums, giving the girls the same but with white spider mums.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My colors are green, black and ivory.  The bridesmaid dresses are a clover color--each will be carrying a simple giant ivory hydrangea with greenery around it and black ribbon. 
  • Options
    MGlasslvrMGlasslvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_choosing-flowers-green-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:387d8d84-22a7-4b2a-ad0b-3d42e97856b4Post:8e3d2ffd-ace8-4016-8be5-f182ae37ff00">Re: Choosing flowers for green dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]you have a very similar thing going on as me!  my colors are the same green, black, and white.  my BMs are wearing green dresses that have a black rosette at the waist and black shoes.  they are carrying bouquets that are all green and white (more white than green), with black ribbon around the stems.  the only only other color involved is a tiny bit of dark pink on the inside of the green cymbidium orchids.  then i'm carrying a bouquet that is all white and green, but mine will be more green than white. we are using white calla lillies, white hydrangeas, green cymbidium orchids, green tea roses, bells of ireland, white stock...and i can't remember what else. so obviously i don't think it will be too much green at all!
    Posted by dolanjj[/QUOTE]

This sounds almost exactly how I want my wedding to be!!! Do you have pictures you wouldn't mind sharing? = D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards