Flowers

Re: if the bridemaids dresses are brown what type of flowers

• edited December 2011
    Pretty dresses! My BM dresses are a dark brown and we all will be holding red daisies :) 
  • edited December 2011
    What are your colors other than brown?  teal? red? pink? orange? yellow? green? white?

Sunflowers, hydrangea, roses, calla lilies, fern curls, bells or ireland, stock, daisies, protea, orchids, hypericum, alstromeria, asiatic lilies, gerbera daisies, lavender, freesia, statice, solidago, kangaroo paw, etc.

All of these are available for August...narrow down your colors and we could probably help more. You can also google images for "Brown Bridesmaid flowers" to get tons of pictures!

Anniversary
  • ellone400ellone400 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    My colours are brown and blue as well! We're thinking whites and creams, with touches of blue - I'm considering Cala Lillies with Blue Delphinium. It looks really elegant together, and gives you a nice arm-style bouquet. You can also do white and ivory roses with delphinium... :)
    Hope this helps!
  • flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    what are your favorite colors?  do you like pinks?do you like fall colors? vibrant or pastel?....you have to narrow it down a bit .Brown is a fairly nuetral color and you can do many colors with it. Just don't do all white or cream....it screems BORING and you couldn't  think of anything more creative...JMO
  • AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You could go with white carnations with blue ribbon on the stems and a couple hanging down - or any white flowers.

Another option I have heard of is brides having the flowers spray painted blue or whatever color you like.  Be careful about that though - I have heard both good and bad.

You could also go with a bright pink flower, or an orange would pop with the brown dresses and still look really nice.

A mixed color bouquet is always a safe option also, and can be less expensive depending on the time of year.

HTH

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards