July 2012 Weddings

So......

Just got off Skype with my MOH. Guess what? She's pregnant!!!! I am SO excited!!! I almost cried when she told me the news. She's about six weeks along though (due possibly early August). She was so worried that I'd be upset with her possibly having her baby so close to the wedding. They're still in shock.

I know we still gotta wait and see how the pregnancy turns out before making decisions. Few things came to mind while talking to her, she lives 1,500 miles away and she'll have to fly in for the wedding. Is it dangerous for pregnant ladies to fly especially if they're far along?

She also already got her dress for the wedding, but we're excited to make changes if necessary- like cutting it up in the middle and adding more fabric- it'll be cute!

Any advice to make this easier for her especially if she'll be actually standing next to me at almost 9 months pregnant?? Anything we need to take in consideration? We're going to keep it quiet until we see how the pregnancy goes (at least 12 weeks for obvious reasons).
doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: So......

• It'll depend on what her doctor says.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow!

It sounds like you have a great outlook and a great plan with your dress.  I would suggest offering her a chair for the ceremony so she doesn't have to spend so much time standing.  You should also be prepared that regular shoes may not fit her so sandals would be a good choice.  I don't know what your menu is going to be but she may need a specific meal if she experiences gestational diabetes or has other requirements.

These are just a few of the things that I thought of off the top of my head but hopefully everything goes well for her and congratulations!
  • edited December 2011
    How exciting! Congratulations!

My second thought (after the congrats!) was to make sure that she's still able to fly if she'll be that far along. That's the only thing I'd actually be worried about - dress, shoes, etc. can always be changed to accommodate.

Edit: I noticed you also were concerned about the flying. Reading fail.

I just googled it quickly and found this article: http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-fly-during-my-third-trimester_2599.bc  As the time gets closer, I'd just evaluate then. No need to worry about it now :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay! That's so exciting that she's having a baby! And even more exciting that you are totally okay with it!  I definitely think you guys are considering the right things right now and just reevaluate when it gets closer to the wedding.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    YAY!!! Babies!!! Love 'em!!!  As far as flying goes, I really don't think she'll be able to fly that far along.  But it all depends what her Dr. says.  She could pop at any time! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_so-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:1f560edb-fe83-4a98-98bc-c155d82b2480Post:a86756db-d14c-4257-990b-de7f1f781443">Re: So......</a>:
    [QUOTE]YAY!!! Babies!!! Love 'em!!!  As far as flying goes, I really don't think she'll be able to fly that far along.  But it all depends what her Dr. says.  She could pop at any time! 
    Posted by littlemoments324[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I'm really doubting it too..but congrats to her. :o) Exciting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How exciting! Poor thing, she was worried about you being upset lol, I'm sure she's relieved after the shock you sain they're still in haha.

As for the flying I know it's possible. I think it's requested she have her Dr.'s permission first though. Also from what I've read on The Bump, women have said it's easier to fly during the 3rd trimester, at least compared to the 1st. Many said flying during the 1st is hell and that during the 3rd it is much easier and rather simple despite all the fuss about it. Can't say from personal experience lol but it seemed to be the consensus. Basically you've got a wait and see situation on your hands lol :)

Of course every woman and her pregnancy are different but talk to other mommys you know to get an idea of what things you could do to make things easier for your MOH

• Yeah I don't think she will be able to fly that far along in her pregnancy.  She should just call her dr and ask.  But I know one of my friends had a pregnant BM and she flew in for the wedding 1 week past when the doctors want you to stop flying her dr was not happy. 

But that is awesome she is preggers. 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I teased my BMs that all I ask is that if their water is going to break, please step to the side of the alter!  haha

Can she take a train?  Amtrak has very nice train cars with beds that would be pretty comfortable.  She could schedule a OBGYN appointment for the day before she leaves, and the doc can usually tell if her cervix is thinning or if she is at all dilated and delivery is within a week or so.  (disclaimer: probably not 100%)  

Our best man is in a similar situation, obviously not preggers, but he is going to be in his second year of a neurosurgical residency at UCLA, and apparently the wedding falls at a time he is not permitted to take vacation time.  We would never want him to risk his residency (boy has he worked hard for it), and although he is still hoping to attend, I was actually thinking skype may be a modern alternative to him being there in person. 

She apparently already has skype...  :)    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards