Flowers
Options

Flowers...I don't know what to do??

My FI and I are going to meet with our florist on Saturday (7/17) to discuss our flowers, the problem is I have no idea what I want!  Our wedding colors are choclate brown and tiffany blue.  My bridesmaids are wearing chocolate brown dresses, my flower girls are wearing ivory dresses with a tiffany blue sash, my dress is ivory, the guys are wearing brown tux's - my FI is wearing ivory and the groomsmen are wearing either tan or tiffany blue - haven't decided yet, little boys are all wearing brown suits.  At first I was thinking lots of color with gerber dasies (they are my favorite flower) then I started thinking calla lillies in ivory and like a burnt red, but now I am thinking blue hydrageas...I am all over the place and have no clue!!!  Any suggestions???  Please help...

Re: Flowers...I don't know what to do??

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was the same way when I first met with my florist and she had me fill out a little questionnaire.  It has questions like, What are your wedding colors?, Where is your venue and what does it look like?, and What are your favorite flowers?.  That's all I told her and she made the best bouquets.  I couldn't have imagined anything better.  

Tell your florist the answers to these questions (if they don't have a questionnaire themselves) and see if they can come up with something for you.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    karahigginskarahiggins member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    delphiniums come in light blue, and they are tall stalks so they give a very eligant look.

www.groeienbloeileeuwarden.nl/kroonblad/jpg/44_2/delphinium.jpg" alt="" />

www.terracottahome.com/images/catalogimages/fresh/fresh1930.jpg" alt="" />
    this one has hydrangia at the bottom to fill it a bit better
  • Options
    edited December 2011

you could probably look at a floral book that they have. They have some good ideas in there, Your florist will have several.

I knew what i want but one of the florist brought out a floral book and i saw something unique for my bouquet that i would have never have thought to use.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think pinks (flowers) against the brown BM dresses would be lovely & also look pretty with the tiffany blue & ivory. Gerberas would be bright, cheerful... maybe something like this:

http://www.citrinedesigns.com/Pink%20Gerbery%20Daisy%20Bridesmaid%20Bouquet.jpg

or if you like roses...

http://media.redgaloshes.com/sq/273/021162.jpg

Talk to your florist, definitely, but bluey-lilac could aslo look very pretty:
    http://media.theknot.com/ImageStage/Objects/0003/0023304/large_image.jpg
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!!  I am so excited for our appointment tomorrow!!!  Jaytee - I really am trying to avoid roses.  I just don't care for them.  BUT LOVE the Gerber daises!!  Those are my absolute favorite flowers!!!  I am going to take that picture into my florist tomorrow.  I have been thinking a lot about either bright pinks or deep dark reds and oranges.  I am still not sure but hope my florist will have some great ideas!!  This is what I am thinking for my isle (BTW this is the exact isle I will be walking down and the gazebo where we will be married):

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards