Options

SA Wednesday

Re: SA Wednesday

• Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am sooo over this week already....I cannot wait for it to be the weekend

(three more weeks til the big day Smile)
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, obviously.....

And you are dumb, you are so dumb.

I will not vote for Rick Perry because he likes hanging out at tu and with Mack Brown.  Rick Perry went to A&M and he was a yell leader--you'd think that he'd remember how much he's supposed to hate that little school in Austin.  But also, all the influence that he's been using on the board (mainly firing the female president with a little over a year on the job), etc.  I don't respect him any more but it has nothing to do with his politics, although that's not helping either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I randomly received a wedding gift via UPS yesterday.... from my half sister.  For those of you who might recall, my half-siblings decided to go MIA for my wedding (and they are OLDER than me) and didn't call, email, facebook, or anything after the wedding.  I deleted them all from my FB account about 2 months ago...and now (5 months later) I've received a gift.

I honestly don't know how to feel about this.

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The fire alarms went off in my office building today.  And they are like heart-attack inducing, scare the ba-jeezus out of you loud... nothing like starting a day without THAT kind of fun.  (sarcasm.)

You can run and tell THAT homeboy.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:516df882-44c1-4228-8a66-d20b04060dfePost:a301e46e-02be-4409-90da-54c2fd37f422">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I randomly received a wedding gift via UPS yesterday.... from my half sister.  For those of you who might recall, my half-siblings decided to go MIA for my wedding (and they are OLDER than me) and didn't call, email, facebook, or anything after the wedding.  I deleted them all from my FB account about 2 months ago...and now (5 months later) I've received a gift. I honestly don't know how to feel about this.
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

LOL! How random.  Welp, make sure and send a thank you card!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:516df882-44c1-4228-8a66-d20b04060dfePost:e0e0dd0e-693d-47b0-8e90-b4793b7840d3">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : LOL! How random.  Welp, make sure and send a thank you card!
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

Haha, I did.  I wrote one immediately and put it in the mail before I had time to get upset and change my mind.

I guess she got the "message" when I deleted her....and I don't plan to add her back.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:516df882-44c1-4228-8a66-d20b04060dfePost:a301e46e-02be-4409-90da-54c2fd37f422">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I randomly received a wedding gift via UPS yesterday.... from my half sister.  For those of you who might recall, my half-siblings decided to go MIA for my wedding (and they are OLDER than me) and didn't call, email, facebook, or anything after the wedding.  I deleted them all from my FB account about 2 months ago...and now (5 months later) I've received a gift. I honestly don't know how to feel about this.

That is crazy!  I often wonder what logic runs through some peoples heads.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:516df882-44c1-4228-8a66-d20b04060dfePost:770e5660-84e6-4e40-9019-b5683b5dce3b">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : That is crazy!  I often wonder what logic runs through some peoples heads.
    Posted by bobbileighb[/QUOTE]

That's the problem... there's no logic.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Today is my last day at my old job, and I start my new job Monday. I really hope I get my marriage certificate in the next two days so I can change my name before starting my new job on Monday.  I'd love to start with my new name.

I don't expect to have time to be on here too much after today... so good luck to everyone.. I'll probably lurk every now and then :)
    image 208 Invited
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 102 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are MIA (RSVPs due 9.10)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am very torn today.  On a good note FI and I are going to the mavericks game tonight he is a huge fan (me not so much) and it will be great to have some fun time since I have been working ALOT lately. 

FI thinks I should no longer have his sister in the wedding and truthfully I agree, however I feel like if I do so it is going to only add fuel to the fire of their opinions of me.  I had originally thought she would just remove herself because of how she feels about me, but she hasnt and has been emailing my MOH about everything is still perfect.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Bobbieleigh -  Maybe your FI can tell her?  I think if I had a real sibling and they came to me and told me I was being a selfish -insert appropriate label here-, and they didn't want me in their wedding....I would probably be more respectful about it,
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am excited.  Tomorrow is my Friday and the office is having Trick Or Treat for our children so my daughter and soon to be step-son are coming up tomorrow afternoon.  I can't wait to see them dressed up.
    My Bio(Updated 4/29/2011) Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:516df882-44c1-4228-8a66-d20b04060dfePost:1380afa1-ce07-4128-9180-68a69a4434b1">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : That's the problem... there's no logic.

Haha...exactly. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:516df882-44c1-4228-8a66-d20b04060dfePost:9ad4a656-ed87-4d18-9406-a0b01eaca656">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am very torn today.  On a good note FI and I are going to the mavericks game tonight he is a huge fan (me not so much) and it will be great to have some fun time since I have been working ALOT lately.  FI thinks I should no longer have his sister in the wedding and truthfully I agree, however I feel like if I do so it is going to only add fuel to the fire of their opinions of me.  I had originally thought she would just remove herself because of how she feels about me, but she hasnt and has been emailing my MOH about everything is still perfect.

As Tiffany said, I would have your FI do it.  You'll still get the blame probably but at least he is the one telling them and not throwing you under the bus.  I know you have a lot going on with hisfamily but try not to let their opinion of you get to you.  You have the approval from your FI- that should be all that matters.  I know you marry the family to an extent, but he wants to marry <em>you</em>! 

Of course we want our IL's to accept us but sometimes they just don't and it sucks and hurts. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:516df882-44c1-4228-8a66-d20b04060dfePost:e1692ee3-f389-46c7-a50f-0acaa0a2a775">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bobbieleigh -  Maybe your FI can tell her?  I think if I had a real sibling and they came to me and told me I was being a selfish -insert appropriate label here-, and they didn't want me in their wedding....I would probably be more respectful about it,

This is what I would prefer however it was my decision to put her in the wedding (I did it out of respect as he is her only sibling and in the hopes to get to know eachother) so FI is done he is done.  He has no intention of speaking with them anytime in the near future.  He is being a little hard headed about it since he wasnt the one that wanted her in the wedding to begin with.  I know that sounds harsh on his part but that is just how FI is and honestly most of the time its something I love dearly about him right now its just not helping me.

I might chat with him more about it tomorrow, I dont want to bring up tonight with the game; I just want him to have a good time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's bad enough that a lender we met with and didn't go with ordered the appraisal on our behalf without our permission, screwing with the actual lender we went with for a few days AND the title company needing a new survey weeks ago but just decided to order it a few days before closing knowing it takes a bit but now we have absolutely no idea if we will be closing tomorrow.  Holy run on sentence batman.  AND we can't ask for an extension because the sellers are closing on another house tomorrow.  I so do not need this today :(

On a happier note, we saw Paul Varghese last night and he is absolutely hilarious.

• Options
    angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have my work wedding shower today, and FI is coming, and then we're going to get our marriage license!  Yay for us!  hahah I know that's more of an AW but it's Say Anything, right?? :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bobbieleigh - Oh man, sorry, that is a tough situation.   I'd tell her to shape up or you won't just kick her out of the wedding party but uninvite her from the wedding altogether.

....that is just my passive aggressive inner self.   I'd probably never say that in real life.  Same reason I wrote my half-sister a thank you card... gosh I hate the real me sometimes.  :)
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    I wish my FI's doctor would get his @(&amp;#$@ together.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fi is home until Monday!!!! Yay!!!!!

I just hope this muscle neck pain would go away!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:516df882-44c1-4228-8a66-d20b04060dfePost:14e9a329-c26c-4bea-8f66-4aa08d3a715e">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bobbieleigh - Oh man, sorry, that is a tough situation.   I'd tell her to shape up or you won't just kick her out of the wedding party but uninvite her from the wedding altogether.   ....that is just my passive aggressive inner self.   I'd probably never say that in real life.  Same reason I wrote my half-sister a thank you card... gosh I hate the real me sometimes.  :)

Thats funny I am very not passive aggressive so I want to say if you dislike me why are you still in my wedding.  I am very tempted to but I know I have to deal with her for years to come so while I am more aggressive I am also not stupid.  The hardest part is his mom and sis are connected at the hip, his sis is 29 and still lives at home never been in a serious relationship, so I cant just deal with one of them but I have to deal with both of them, I am constantly on speaker phone when speaking with them because God forbid I have a conversation with one and not the other.  The really funny thing is that 3 weeks ago she asked me to pay for her dress because she cant afford it.

Brianna,  How is your FI doing?
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:516df882-44c1-4228-8a66-d20b04060dfePost:2014e3b8-6ea4-4d4e-a5b2-4537aec3179b">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : Brianna,  How is your FI doing?

They didn't take it out!!! The doctors are dragging their feet... let's just say, I am not happy.  If it ruptures, I'm going spider monkey on someone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am thisclose to whipping out my Christmas decor and putting it out!

I have apparently become a huge baby after high school. I used to love all things scary; scary movies, haunted houses, etc. FI and I watched "The Collector" last night and I think I almost had an anxiety attack!

I hate tacky decorators. Our apartment complex is doing a balcony decorating for Halloween and whoever gets the most votes gets like free rent or something next month. The people below us took it as an opportunity to find the most ugly, cheap stuff and to just pile it on their balcony. Then they wrapped their windows with that yellow caution tape that says, "Caution- Party Scene." Yuck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:516df882-44c1-4228-8a66-d20b04060dfePost:8a444360-a627-4700-bab8-52a1b0e047fd">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish my FI's doctor would get his @(&#$@ together.

They haven't taken him to surgery yet?  What hospital is he at?  Um yeah I went through the same experience when my appendix DID rupture so I understand!!  I hope they do something soon!  The appendix surgery is so easy now-a-days they should be able to do it and him go home a day or 2 later.  Hope everything works out!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:516df882-44c1-4228-8a66-d20b04060dfePost:fbd8ef0b-d832-4711-9b4e-74c66a857943">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : They haven't taken him to surgery yet?  What hospital is he at?  Um yeah I went through the same experience when my appendix DID rupture so I understand!!  I hope they do something soon!  The appendix surgery is so easy now-a-days they should be able to do it and him go home a day or 2 later.  Hope everything works out!!!
    Posted by danac2010[/QUOTE]

He went to his primary care doctor, instead of the ER.  (he refuses to go to the ER, he broke his leg last year and wouldn't go... he saw his regular doctor... don't even get me started on his logic - or lack of it - on this thought process).  The doctor said "Yep, it's your appendix..." and ordered a CAT scan... and here we are... 2 days later, and still no answers.  Meanwhile, he's sitting in pain.  I'm about to throw my momma weight around and force him to the hospital.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:516df882-44c1-4228-8a66-d20b04060dfePost:582e1db8-6748-4f11-aa53-28fc80c94cb5">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am thisclose to whipping out my Christmas decor and putting it out! I have apparently become a huge baby after high school. I used to love all things scary; scary movies, haunted houses, etc. FI and I watched "The Collector" last night and I think I almost had an anxiety attack! I hate tacky decorators. Our apartment complex is doing a balcony decorating for Halloween and whoever gets the most votes gets like free rent or something next month. The people below us took it as an opportunity to find the most ugly, cheap stuff and to just pile it on their balcony. Then they wrapped their windows with that yellow caution tape that says, "Caution- Party Scene." Yuck.
    Posted by brooke.anne[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean! I told FI we should hang Christmas lights outside this year! Maybe on the bushes but I love those icesicle lights!!!! He won't hang them up (very afraid of heights) and I don't have a clue how to hang them!  :(  I also have no clue where I'm putting the tree :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:516df882-44c1-4228-8a66-d20b04060dfePost:f4b95099-da87-44cb-936c-3fa59bf58792">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : He went to his primary care doctor, instead of the ER.  (he refuses to go to the ER, he broke his leg last year and wouldn't go... he saw his regular doctor... don't even get me started on his logic - or lack of it - on this thought process).  The doctor said "Yep, it's your appendix..." and ordered a CAT scan... and here we are... 2 days later, and still no answers.  Meanwhile, he's sitting in pain.  I'm about to throw my momma weight around and <strong>force him to the hospital.</strong>

Um yeah!!  The appendix has a mind of its own.  It will be perfectly fine one minute and then ruptures!  I thought I had the stomach flu and then I got so sick I couldn't even walk.  The discovered it was my appendix on a Saturday (in the hospital) and didn't do surgery until Monday.  Tell him that if it does rupture the recovery time is 10x's longer.  I was in the hospital 2 weeks and a friend was in and out in 3 days.  I'd just tell him y'all are going to the store and drive him to the hospital.  GL and keep us posted!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meghan - The icesicle lights are super easy to hang... just get those plastic clips and hang them on the gutter.  (Or if there is no gutter you can slide the plastic clip right under the edge of the shingles.   You should try it. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh Brianna!  Does he not realize it's worse if it ruptures?  If it doesn't rupture they go through the belly button and make one small cut on your left side.  If it ruptures, they open you wide up!  That would make me drag my butt to the hospital.  I fought DH on going to the ER when I had pain & what turned out to be my appendix.  I figured whatever it was would go away eventually.  The only thing that made me go was DH lying to me ;)
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:516df882-44c1-4228-8a66-d20b04060dfePost:c63cab64-64d2-4575-a281-fafdeb291aae">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my gosh Brianna!  Does he not realize it's worse if it ruptures?  If it doesn't rupture they go through the belly button and make one small cut on your left side.  If it ruptures, they open you wide up!  That would make me drag my butt to the hospital.  I fought DH on going to the ER when I had pain & what turned out to be my appendix.  I figured whatever it was would go away eventually.  The only thing that made me go was DH lying to me ;)
    Posted by shortgirltx[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he realizes it... but he's one of those "eh, it won't happen to me" types... there's no telling him what to do.  So, I just stand by and wait.

But, I did call the doctor's office this morning and gave them a piece of my mind. I gave them till 11 to call me back with an answer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards