Flowers

centerpeice on a budget >.<

Hi everyone!

chinese, family style reception stress...

my reception is just around the corner, and I still haven't decided on what to do with my centerpeice.

We've opted to make our own to same some money.
I got a few sets of cylinder vases that are in three different sizes for some variation.

I really wanted to use soft/real touch silk flowers and submerge them in water. Since they dont die, i can get them ahead of time and work wit the arrangement. And since i want white/pruple orchids, it would be a cheaper option then real orchids.

But so far, i haven't found any OTHER flower that I like from the purple silk flower options. i wanted a different flower for each of the different size cylinders.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Would it be weird to have a mix of silk and real flowers?

HELLLLPPPP meeeeeeeee! />.<

Re: centerpeice on a budget &amp;gt;.&amp;lt;

• edited December 2011
    I REALLY wish I still had a picture of the centerpiece that we tried to make (and decided it was too large...) We bought it for a total of $36.00 at a craft store. I will try to describe it the best that I can! 

We used a tall cylindrical vase and put rocks (used white fish tank rocks haha) at the bottom, along with a submersible LED light, under the rocks and filled this ¾ of the way to the top. We took a silk orchid in bright pink and put it into the water, kind of spiraling up, so the flowers were visible. Once that was set, we put a small white floating candle on top. It was simple and pretty and we will be using it for the gift table or entry way (just too big for our tables), but I’m sure you could go smaller.  The LED lasted 48 HOURS lit!! and the flowers did not bleed at all. 

I did find a small picture of what we tried to model ours after... ours was just bigger and had white rocks! Hope that helps!!!! 

Sorry... the pictures is smaller than I thought!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards