Flowers

September Wedding Flowers????

I've totally neglected this area, and now I'm starting to freak out. Our colors are brown and cream, but we've jazed it up with green which is also the color of the bridemaids dresses and such. The wedding is outside, lakeside on a beach. Do flowers even go with a beach? I only need bouquets for me the bridesmaids, and something for the altar that we'll recycle at the head table. Any Ideas? I'm not even sure what would be available....

Re: September Wedding Flowers????

• tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Septemnber.  The flowers are going to be white daisies with white lisianthus and blackeyed susans with goldstrike roses.  My florist wants to experiment a bit with the blackeyed susans because they are not really cut flowers but she talked to others florists who said it would be fine. 
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • edited December 2011
    You'll be just fine. I think flowers go with the beach feel; I imagine that you could use smaller bouquets (less flowers) and have it turn out really well.

This site gives you an idea of September Flowers. http://www.foreverwed.com/Flowers/Septflowres.htm Many of them come in white or cream. You could throw in little bits of green for added color. I would get a few price quotes from your local florist. They will be able to tell you what flowers are available in Sept, in your area, and in your colors. You can take their info and either hire them or DIY with your newly discovered flowers.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards