Flowers
Options

Gratuities for the Florist?!

So I got the official bill from the florist and at the bottom it says "gratuities accepted"... and I though that this was ridiculous! This is her job... I do not tip a plumber, why should I tip a florist?! But, then I realized that this is my first brush with large order flowers... so is it proper etiquette to tip your florist?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Gratuities for the Florist?!

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't tip my florist.  I am in the mindset as you are.  I don't think that they should be tipped.  IMO, they are making enough in the labor charge.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I may tip the person who actually delivers the flowers, but more in the way you tip a pizza delivery person (I had a friend who made extra money in college delivering flowers, and she wasn't paid well). But only if it is not the owner. I'm like you, I wouldn't tip the plumber or the a/c repairman.
  • Options
    flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    no you don't have to tip the florist.....BUT....there are many weddings,actually all my weddings, that I provide far more service than I am paid to do...how many times did you call the florist before the wedding,how many apppointments did you meet with them,or just dropped in to chat about your flowers where the florist had to take time from thier schedule? Each case is different. I did a wedding were the family recognised that we went above and beyond what was expected and we greatly appreciated the tip we recieved. It was shared by all the workers behind the scene . So you decide if you feel a tip is in order.
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As a general rule, no, you don't tip the florist.

But as others pointed out already, you might tip the delivery person, or if the florist went above and beyond the contracted services. 

If you are happy with the job they did, I'm sure they'd also appreciate some good word-of-mouth referrals, or a nice glowing written thank you letter that they can use as a good reference or a testimonial from a satisfied customer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    no... dont tip them, but i became really good friend with mine, and when i go i bring them coffee and sweets.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards