Flowers
Options

beginning stages of "flower planning"

I am just starting to think about flowers. So far everything has came pretty easy in my wedding planning, but I have no clue where to begin with the flowers.

What's the best starting point?

What should I expect the florist I choose to know as far as centerpiece design?

Re: beginning stages of "flower planning"

• Options
    Jenlouise21Jenlouise21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am just starting to think about flowers. So far everything has came pretty easy in my wedding planning, but I have no clue where to begin with the flowers.

What's the best starting point?

What should I expect the florist I choose to know as far as centerpiece design?
  • Options
    pavingtheroadpavingtheroad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd say make a list of flowers you will need i.e your bouquet, BM bouquets, bouts, ceremony decor, reception, centerpieces, etc. Also think about what colors or types of flowers you might like/want. Then contact a couple florists and get quotes on prices.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
  • Options
    nchokiegirl1nchokiegirl1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just getting started too. I made a list of all the things I would want flowers for: bouquets, bouts, cake, ceremony, etc.
    Then I started looking on line and printing out pictures of things I liked. Once I had that in front of me, I was able to see a trend with my tastes. Then I met with the florist. We talked about colors and I showed her my favorite pictures so she had a feel of what I liked as well. We've been working on them since that meeting and so far I love her ideas. That's how I got started....
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Unless you are very picky and have very specific ideas, close is good enough.

When you start getting prices from florists, show them some pictures of what you have in mind, if you have specific types of flowers or colors in mind, and get her suggestions. 

You can often get a very similar look, but by using different, cheaper flowers of the same color and similar size, you can get essentially the same overall look. While some flowers may be a little cheaper in season, most flowers are available year round nowadays.

• Options
    jj_5150jj_5150 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah i have not even started the flower planning yet, I'm not a huge flower girl but i know you need them to make it pretty. I'm kind of lost in the whole flower bit as well, the only thing i have planned is the fake flowers that will be in my flower girl basket. Since our wedding is on halloween I have going to do black and red rose pettals in her basket.
  • Options
    tommyandytommyandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Google 'flowers' and browse thru proflowers, ftd, teleflora, etc. to get a feel of what you like.  Check all the categories like mother's day, romance, birthday, just because, etc.  This will give you a good idea for prices as well as color combinations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards