Flowers
Options

Corsage alternative for Mom - opinions needed

My mother REALLY isn't into wearing a corsage.  I know if I really want her to she will, but a corsage is just really not her style at all.  However, my FMIL will be wearing a corsage, as will my father's wife. Can I do something different for my Mom, such as a small hand-tied bouquet, without it looking like I'm singling her out with something more special?

Re: Corsage alternative for Mom - opinions needed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, you can do whatever is most comfortable for her.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have actually seen smaller mother's bouquets lately. Not a lot of people want to pin something to their new dress. I'm doing small bouquets for our mothers. You can also do a single flower with ribbon.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our flosrist actually mentioned the small bouquets and said that she would do them for the same price as the coursages so it's definitly worth it to ask! :)
    We just stopped preventing January 2013! I use a tablet so please forgive my auto correct! :)
  • Options
    llgusllgus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FMIL and Mom are undecided what they're going to do (if they're going to do anything). The florist said he could make something little to put on their handbag / purse if they wanted - might be another option
  • Options
    BeeBee22BeeBee22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might consider a tussy-mussy.  I only learned of them on TK, but you can google for images.  I'm thinking about one for my Mother.  It's generally made of engraved metal and holds a small bouquet. If you get one with a stand she can set it on her table, and then (I think) use it as a bud vase at home.  I'm not sure about that last part, but you could at least put artificial flowers in it...  I'm considering it because might be a bit more elegant and easy to carry than a small bouquet, and it will be a keepsake.  Just a thought.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards