Flowers

flowers must be provided by venue

the place we have chosen for the venue  requires that they do the centerpieces for the reception.  I have a colleage  in the floral business I have used for years.  I hate spending the extra monies on such a thing especiallly someone we dont know.  any ideas on getting us in there.?

Re: flowers must be provided by venue

• paballoonladypaballoonlady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the place we have chosen for the venue  requires that they do the centerpieces for the reception.  I have a colleage  in the floral business I have used for years.  I hate spending the extra monies on such a thing especiallly someone we dont know.  any ideas on getting us in there.?
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it's in the contract that they are the only ones who are allowed to do flowers, and you signed it, then there's nothing you can really do.  It's like saying no outside caterers
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Jagore.  Read the contract.

also, please change your screen name from your e.mail address to something that can't be used to find you.  There are crazies who troll sites looking for things like this.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • edited December 2011
    If it's in the contract then you might have to go with the venue flowers. I've seen this at places around here and I just decided against the venue because I too have a florist friend. Check your contract...but I would say you are probably out of luck.
    Anniversary
  • jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you wanted a different florist you should have picked a different venue. my venue only allows a choice of 2 florists (luckily one is one of the best in nyc) but we had to keep that in mind when booking that a trade off would be not getting to shop around.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards