Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Where to find bridal shower dress?!

Hey ladies!  My amazing MOH is throwing me my first shower in two weeks. She is going with a Hawaiian/luau theme (Which I LOVE because that's where we are honeymooning!)

Anyways, I am going this weekend to go shopping for a Hawaiian themed dress.  My sister suggested that I wear a white sunflowery dress and have a bright flower in my hair.  I think that's a great idea but have no idea where to go to find a dress like this.  <I am a jeans and a t-shirt kind of gal:>.  Any adivce on where to go?!   I'm startting my search online but wanted to ask you ladies as well. If I can't find a white dress then I can go with any dress that is luau themed.  :)

TIA for any info!

Re: Where to find bridal shower dress?!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would go with a bright colored sundress and get a fun flower hair clip. I bought my dress on clearance at banana republic with a cute summer scarf and my rehearsal dinner dress from Gap also on clearance (its a long maxi dress). Jcrew has some cute dresses right now too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

I really like long dresses for summer too (which Hawaiian dresses typically are)-- I bought a really cute long strapless one at Marshall's last week for $19.99.  It might be hard to find a white one though.

Hawaiian dresses are sooo comfortable--plan on buying some when you get there! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually tried to find a white dress for the RD in late April and struck out miserably. The only little white dresses I found, actually, were in a random store in a Ft W mall -- it was a teenybopper type of store that I'd normally never have looked in, and I think they were prom dresses. So, you might try Deb and all the other "younger" type stores in the mall if you have a little extra time.
  • Options
    1fwdarlin1fwdarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Loft has a white linen sundress right now... Simple but add a flower and I think it'd be fine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Target has some sundresses, although I can't remember if any of them were white. I just bought a purple one and already love it. They look very summery and are very comfortable, so it might be a good place to look.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dilliard's Outlet in the Irving Mall!

I went there last weekend and not only did they have 70% off their clothes with an additional 30% off, but they also had buy one get one free. I don't know how long they will have that, but it was a good deal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Old Navy has really obnoxious commercials for long "getaway dresses."  The commercials make me not want to buy, but you could check that out.
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL @ the Old Navy commercials.  I second the Dillards Outlet, in Irving, they have a huge dress section and it is separated by size for easy shopping and they are food brands for much less.  Also try Forever 21 in Grapevine Mills and some of the other stores there, I usually find what I am looking for.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    anglcakes7anglcakes7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the input ladies! I am about to go shopping so hopefully I will find something at one of the suggested places.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards