• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Royal Wedding

Colored Gemstone Engagement Rings

Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: Colored Gemstone Engagement Rings

• yes, mines an orange sapphire.. PIB
    image image
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • Post a pic in the thread!
    Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!
  • I would wear one, but the one I have is diamond
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wanted one, but we couldn't find one that I was into. So I got a 3/4 band of amethysts for my wedding band instead.
    at a glance
  • I would, but it would have to have a special meaning. My birthstone is diamond (so I kind of lucked out there)! But, if it was an heirloom I would definitely rock it!
  • edited April 2011
    e-ring: .8 ct orange sapphire

band: five lab-created stones(emerald, pink topaz, sapphire, ruby, amythest)

i don't have a pic of them together, i won't get the band for another month.
    image image
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • I have an emerald engagement ring.
    And now my husband rocks an emerald wedding band.

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Champagne, my wedding band is a wrap so I'm also going to have colored gemstones, emeralds, on either side of my solitaire (fiance's birthstone is an emerald and mine's a diamond and it just happened that I always loved emeralds!)
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • I have a diamond. I like the classic look of a diamond ring more than a colored gemstone.
  • I have a diamond, but I wouldn't mind a sapphire if it were as beautiful as Kate's...but then people might think I copied the ring, so I don't know. I definitely would as a right hand ring - I love blue topaz!
  • I have blue pear cut sapphires on either side of a round diamond.  LOVE IT!!!
  • I have sapphire side stones on my e-ring and wedding band. :)

• When I was previously engaged I had a princess cut blue sapphire E-ring with diamonds on the side. 

This time around I have a pear cut white sapphire with diamonds around it. I've never wanted a diamond as the main stone, but I didn't want a blue sapphire again. The last thing I wanted was people to say "oh, it's just like your last one!." That would be bad.
    Anniversary
  • My e-ring is diamonds, but my wedding band (that I get to wear in one month!!!) is diamonds and emeralds. I'm so in love with it.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Oval blue sapphire with 4 diamonds.  The setting is a wide band with the sapphire set in what looks like parenthesis like this:  oo(O)oo   so there are no prongs to catch fuzzies.  He went to more than 15 stores looking for a no-prong setting, and I absolutely love it.

The wedding band has 7 more diamonds to match -- but I'm worried that they'll be too wide when worn together.  I might have to wear the sapphire on my right hand, which would mean resizing it up a smidge.
  • My engagement ring has sapphire side stones.  My band is all diamonds, but FI's band has sapphire and diamond set in to match my e-ring.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Love 06/2005 | Marriage 05/28/2011 | Baby! Peanut born on his due date, 9/30/12 Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, mine is a lavender sapphire, and I adore it!

• Three stone cusion cut. Center stone is a royal blue sapphire and the side stones are diamonds.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Ruby and diamond.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • edited April 2011

blue sapphire with diamond chips on the side

***raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways***
    oh noes, sweetpea UPDATED her planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • People think I just wear a ring on my left hand now... let alone if it was anything but the diamonds I have... lol... however I may look at bands with blue sapphires in them... its my birthstone so of course I love that ring!!! However I'm not sure I want the rings on my hand to scream that i am married... I think that its because I look so young... 
  • Mine is an emerald Claddagh ring :)
  • In Response to Re: Colored Gemstone Engagement Rings:
    Yes, mine is a lavender sapphire, and I adore it!
    Posted by glad2knowU
    I LOVE this ring! 

Mine's a diamond....I'm not sure I would've wanted something else.  I love diamonds!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Natural sapphires in e-ring and wedding band:

Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • I would wear one, but I have a diamond.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I have a natural emerald cut emerald (about a carat) and LOVE IT!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I have diamonds.  I wouldnt want a colored gemstone for an e-ring, but if H had picked one out I would have loved it because he chose it and would have worn it proudly.

This is my ring:

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to Re: Colored Gemstone Engagement Rings:
    Yes, mine is a lavender sapphire, and I adore it!
    Posted by glad2knowU
    I love it too!!!!

• For my e-ring the main stone is a blue sapphire with two diamonds on the side. 

For the band (which I get to wear in 9 days ;).) Is a wrap with alternating diamonds and blue sapphires. 

When FI and I ever talked about rings, I always said anything other than a diamond and not yellow gold.  The ring he picked is perfect :).
    image Best thing about 2011--marrying my best friend!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards