Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

modern, non traditional first dance songs

please give me your ideas.i have exhausted my ipod, itunes and the internet.we have pretty broad musical tastes, but over all we love Phish, MMJ, KOL, Amos Lee, Brett Dennen, Ray Lamontagne, etc.we can not use:In the colors - Ben Harper You're the best thing - Ray Lamontagne

Re: modern, non traditional first dance songs

• edited December 2011
    We are using Smother Me by The Used....
  • jnu1117jnu1117 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Forever by Hen Harper and One friend by Keb Mo
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    FI wants to use Tangled Up in You by Staind.  I'm still thinking about it...
  • edited December 2011
    18th floor balcony by Blue October
  • Semper AmemusSemper Amemus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aqua Lung - Brighter Than the SunshineGoo Goo Dolls - Iris (Avril Lavigne's wedding song also ;) )
  • dawnshirleydawnshirley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think this really counts as modern, but....."In My Life" By Ozzy.I know what you must be thinking, but I listened to it just for fun, not thinking there was a chance in the world I was going to want to dance to it. But he does an amazing job!  We wanted to use the one by Johnny Cash, but his voice wasn't right for a first dance, but somehow Ozzy really pulls it off while including string instruments. Listen to it at the very least; you will be surprised!  
  • edited December 2011
    Blue October- "Calling You" (my sister and bil's) Red Hot Chili Peppers- "Hard to Concentrate"
  • edited December 2011
    hilarious, "Hard to Concentrate" by RHCP was our 1st dance song up until about 2 days ago!!! We recently changed it to "Follow You, Follow Me" by Genesis. It's an oldie, but a timeless classic. How about: - "Waste" by Phish (this was my original idea, but my fiance thought it would be "too cliche" amongst our other Phish friends...ugh!) - "I'm Amazed" - MMJ GL!
  • edited December 2011
    "How Glad I Am" by The Greyboy Allstars was also in the running for a while...check it out on itunes, it's modern with a jazzy twist.
  • Sarahkay488Sarahkay488 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we're using "You and Me" by Dave Matthews Band off their new cd- Big Whiskey & the Groo Grux King :-)
  • sassifras626sassifras626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    amybw, thanks for posting Tangled Up in You. I'd never heard it, but I absolutely love it. He has such a beautiful voice.
    December 2010 Siggy Challenge Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards