Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Tribute Song

My dad died almost 2 years ago and I am thinking about doing a tribute song in his memory.  I want to do something upbeat/fast-paced that was a favorite song of his rather than a slow/sad song.  This way it is for him and it will hopefully curb the emotions on what will already be a super-emotional day (and tough to handle without him anyway).  Right now I am thinking AC/DC Thunderstruck b/c I remember him blasting that in the basement when I was younger.I thought I would either keep the dance floor empty during the song or maybe have everyone out there singing along and headbanging.What are your thoughts on something like this?  Is anyone else doing something similar?

Re: Tribute Song

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry about the lost of your dad. Do you plan to sing the song or just have the song played? If you are having the song played I would have people on the dance floor but make an annocement before the song is played. My FI parents passed away and we were trying to think about something to do in their memory.  I am actually dancing (contemporary) towards the end of the reception in memory of them and dedicated to my parents. Nothing long (2minutes)...but I wanted to include them in the wedding because I could not imagine what he had to go through losing both of them.  I know he loved them very much. So I understand how you feel about including him in your special day. I hope I was some help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks.  I plan to just have the dj play the song.  I think you are right about having people out on the dance floor and making the announcement.  I think that will make it all more meaningful.  Sounds like your plan will work well for the two of you.  I wish you the best.Thanks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are welcome.  Best of luck to you and your soon to be husband. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards