Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Need help finding fast-paced song

Hi! I'm trying to find a lyrically sweet, good fast-paced song to be my FI and my first dance song. We want to do a traditional dance, like the waltz, but speed it up. I like a variety of music, from country to pop and soft rock, and some harder rock, but nothing so far as screamo and headbanging-mosh-pitting type rock. The latter is what FI prefers, but also enjoys bands like Creed, Green Day, etc. So I guess I am looking for a nice rock ballad to do as our first dance. I'm counting on you, ladies! Help me! ^_^ Amanda

Re: Need help finding fast-paced song

• edited December 2011
    We're using "For Once In My Life" by Michael Buble, which is uptempo, but still traditional.Other ideas: (moderately paced, not too fast, not too slow)Better Together by Jack JohnsonToday by Smashing PumpkinsYou And Me by Dave Matthews BandFresh Feeling by The EelsLucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie CalaitYou're My Home by Billy Joel
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    "Lucky" is actually one of my favorite songs for Ben and me, but it's still a bit slower than I was hoping for. There's a song by Cheap Suits that I ran across yesterday called "Punk Rock Love Song" that I'd like to find. The lyrics seem great, but I've no idea what it sounds like. Thank you so much for your suggestions! They may very well make the playlist itself, even if not for the first dance. Smiles, Amanda
  • Lisa6255Lisa6255 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm trying to get inspiration for myself and stumbled across Depeche Mode's "I Just Can't Get Enough" in my WMP. Very cute/upbeat tempo.
    Anniversary
    April 2010 Siggy Challenge: Next Vacation Destination
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards