Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Possible Cake Cutting or Garter Songs

Hello all!!!
I am currently trying to decide on music... I have checked lists and lists of songs and one common title is "Candyman" by Christina Aguilera... Well, I LOVE IT! But I am just a little concerned about the lyrics...

"He's a one stop shop with a real big AHH"
"He's a one stop shop makes my panties drop"
"He's a one stop shop makes my cherry pop"

I am wondering if maybe my DJ can edit it a little because, after all, the cake cutting will take only a few seconds. If I use the song for the garter dance, which I feel is more appropriate, we will all hear more of the words. I am not sure how offensive it is and I am also not sure how many kids will attend and what their ages will be so...  HELP!!

Thanks ladies!!!!Laughing

Re: Possible Cake Cutting or Garter Songs

• Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I doubt anyone will be listening to the lyrics that closely. Unless you've got uber-conservative, uptight people as guests, it probably won't be an issue.
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I agree with the pp...doubt anyone will be listening to the words. You can always ask the DJ to not use that part of the song & use another verse!

~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I honestly do not even remember what songs our DJ played during the cake cutting or the garter dance so your guests more than likely won't remember, and they probably won't be paying much attention to the lyrics anyway.

If the lyrics bother you, pick a different song. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing "when I'm 64" by the Beatles for our cake cutting song and the garter song is "You can leave your hat on".  I felt these are both all-age friendly songs, but do what you want!  It's your wedding :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    our garter song is "let's get it on" - but we have no children at the wedding so we can be a little more risque. Cake cutting will prob be "how sweet it is"...not sure yet.

My Planning Bio ** For Sale
    UPDATED 1/5/11

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls for replying and for all your suggestions!

To tpender13: They aren't really uptight... Maybe im just worried about what everybody thinks... My fiance's mom told me if I play rap she is leaving and I almost told her she'd be too drunk to remember...

kls114... I did consider that but Ive got a while to figure it all out.

frogurt... Thanks. you are probably all right about no one listen to the lyrics. I think i just care too much about what ppl think. I don't know why.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards