Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Ceremony Music

We're doing a short outdoor ceremony, but have a large wedding party.  I've never been to an outdoor wedding, so what's the norm for ceremony music??  I'm not a fan of the traditional instrumental music.  How many songs are included in a walk down the aisle?  I've only got a few months left to figure this out!

Re: Ceremony Music

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought a CD at Hobby Lobby from this group (they have a website, but I bought the CD)

www.myweddingmusic.com

The songs are fairly traditional, but there might be some things there that you like

Good luck.
  • cutypie953cutypie953 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married outside and had a string quartet play the traditional stuff and hired a sound guy to play the more non-traditional stuff.  You can have a sound guy play CDs of the non-traditional stuff you like or if you have friends that are singers, they can perform them (I'd still get the soound guy to run mics and speakers for the background CD). 

As far as how many songs you want that is totally up to you.  We are both musicians so we had a lot of music but I have been to several wedding where there was one song for the seating of the mothers and the wedding party, the next song for the bride, and no other music until the recessional.  It is your wedding, do it the way you like!
  • edited December 2011
    You have the prelude where the songs are being played as the gusts are arriving. The processional you have the grandparents of bride and groom (1), parents of bride and groom (2), bridal party (3), bride(4), and then the recessional (5). So i believe it is 5 songs in all for the ceremony.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards