Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Mother/Son Songs

Hi, this time Mom is the bride (me) my father is deceased so my 30 year-old son is walking me down the isle....any ideas for songs?  Everything I have listened to or found is for the opposite way around.

Help
Teresa & Bill June 10, 2011

Re: Mother/Son Songs

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm confused. Are you looking for a song to walk down the aisle to, or dance to?

I don't recall if you've been on the Second Wedding board, but there are a lot of ladies like us that have older kids and are getting married. They are very nice.

For walking down the aisle, you can use anything. For a dance with him, I think I'll use "Memories" by Elvis Presley. Google it and you can find a video of it. I had to close my eyes to listen, because it's disconcerting to see Elvis while listening to the words.

Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh hi, sorry to confuse, I'm looking for a song to dance to. Yours is nice.  Thank you for the information.
    Teresa & Bill June 10, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  I'm in the same situation, my 23 year old son will be walking me down the isle.  I also chose Memories by Elvis Presley.  I couldn't find anything that was appropriate.  They all seemed to be for the son who was the groom.  Good luck with your planning
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards