Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Parent dances

What has everyone done, have the parents pick the song? or You and your fiance pick the song?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Parent dances

• edited December 2011
    My Dad picked the song for the father/daughter dance. And H Mom picked the songs for the mother/son dance. I would definitely ask them, they may have a particular song in mind, you never know. I know my Dad did.
  • S_A_FriedelS_A_Friedel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the mother/son dance my FMIL picked the song: Mama by BJ Thomas
    For the father/daughter dance - my dad picked the song and I don't know what it is, apparently its a surprise, ahhhh
  • edited December 2011
    My SIL picked the one for his dance with his mom.  My daughter and husband couldn't decide, so they turned it over to me and it was a surprise.  I picked Cinderella by Steven Chapman...and CRIED through the whole thing.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • edited December 2011
     For my dance with my Dad I am going with " how do you fall in love" by Alabama. My FH gets to pick  the song he dances with his Mom to, and we are also doing a parents dance togther. Where I dance with my Dad and he dances with his Mom and that song will by Cosby stills and Nash's " Teach your children well."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards