• Options
    edited December 2011
    That was really helpful.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    http://www.makeweddings.com/music-lists/garter-toss.jsp

Do you think any of these are tasteful?

Favorite suggestion on here is "Cherry Pie"  LOL!  Naughty.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh, that list is great!!!

I am not so sure you'll find a song that you find tasteful, but there are some that pretty funny - it doesn't have to get hot/heavy/awkward for Grandma.  I would scan through the list above and maybe (if you can't find any with words you think are appropriate), use one that's just music - like the Rocky theme song.  Personally, my fiance loves those movies (I'm told that he used to dress up like Rocky when he was a kid and run around the house) and I think most people would laugh.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

honestly...if you're worried about "taste" - i dont think its so much about the song as it is about the actual tradition.  are you sure you even want to do the garter toss?  you really dont have to...

but if you are doing it...i like Hey Ya by Outkast.  (that is a great list, amazon!)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using ZZ Top's "Legs" to remove it from me... then ZZ Top's "Sharp Dressed Man" for the garter toss... then "The Stripper" by Dave Rose Orchestra for the guy that caught the garter to put it on the girl that catches the bouquet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! This is a great selection of songs. :)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we didn't do a removal just the toss, no body noticed. We think the removal is sooo tacky. Anyways, we played "busta move" by young MC and made them have a dance off for it :)
  • Options
    jvanderburghjvanderburgh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

A friend of mine did the Mission Impossible theme song...it was pretty funny.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards