Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Looking for a fun song for combined father/daughter and mother/son dance...

Hi everybody! I have been looking all over the internet trying to find a song that fits. Our reception is a short one so we decided to combine the father/daughter and mother/son dance. I didn't want to do a very slow sappy song. My goal is not to make the crowd burst out in tears. I want a song that we can have fun to. I love country so I have been leaning in that direction more. But I can't seem to find a song that talks about a parents relationship with their children. As of right now I am thinking about doing "Then they do". It is a very pretty song but its kinda slow. Any ideas would be very helpful. Thank you!Wink
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Looking for a fun song for combined father/daughter and mother/son dance...

• edited December 2011
    Forever Young by Rod Stewart.  Would fit since you are combining these two and it's more upbeat.
  • ashleyandcjashleyandcj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I first read your title I thought of the song you already had in mind.  You could do that one to start out with and then change it into something that the crowd could never see your father and his mother dancing to.  My friend did a slow song with her dad and then they started dancing half way thru the song to mc hammer.  It was very entertaining.  The crowd loved it.
  • jeb113jeb113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know a couple that did a combined dance to Celine Dion's "Because you Loved Me".  It's fitting for both.  Good luck picking a song. : )

• edited December 2011
    Im looking for the same thing...I am having no luck either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards