Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Music for Catholic Ceremony

I am having such a hard time with pciking music for the ceremony..I don't even no how many songs i need for the whole ceremony.. My cousin is going to sing and or play guitar so i need to have my picks to her in the next few weeks.....Any help would be greatly appreciated!!Laughing

Re: Music for Catholic Ceremony

• edited December 2011
    Check out http://maestromusicians.com/blog/blogweb/index.php?/categories/1-Christian-Wedding-Music for some Christian wedding music ideas! Although the instrumentation isn't the same as what you're looking for, you'll get some great insight.

Daniel Broniatowski, D.M.A.
    Elegant Music for All Occasions
    www.maestromusicians.com
  • BrideBling82BrideBling82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG honey, your in the same boat I am. Have you looked on the Catholic site here on the knot. They use to have a link to music that other Catholic brides have used. My cousin is also singing but I am looking for an Organist at the moment. What scares me the most is I'm not sure if my cousin would like to sing for the whole mass. So I may still have to find an organist that can sing the smaller parts of the mass.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jcorkumjcorkum member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes i have looked there and have some ideas just not set in stone yet.....Just wish someone else would pick it all out for me LOL

i just really need to focus on picking them out i have been putting it off for months and i am running out of time and i would like to get the programs made and need the song titles for that !
  • BrideBling82BrideBling82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yeah I don't feel like picking my music either...at this point it's so close to my wedding I don't really care anymore. My FI's cousin is very musical and she's helping me select some pieces. If you already know what readings you will have then it may make it easier for you to select your music. My FSIL is doing my programs and her deadline for all my info is tomorrow evening (she's going out of town for 2 weeks)....and we still haven't picked songs. So I've opted to not list the songs so I can relieve my stress a little bit. I'd rather just print the songs on a seperate piece of paper and pass it out with the programs. Have you tried to youtube some songs?.....it may give you a better idea.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards