Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Father Daughter Dance "isn't she lovely" - help!

Please help! 

I always knew I wanted this song, Isn't She Lovely - by Stevie Wonder as my Father Daughter dance.  My dad and I are both huge Stevie Wonder fans and I'm sure we'll be fighting back the tears on this one.

We aren't having a DJ, just using an iPod with help from our friends.  I downloaded the song on iTunes but they only have a 6:30 version and it has a baby crying for the first 14 seconds.  It's awful!  I mean it sounds like "What the Heck?!" and it's a long 14 seconds of wondering that that awful noise is.  There's also baby noises later in the song.  I thought there has to be an edited version, but I can't find it.  What do I do?  I'm freaking out.  I really must have THIS song. 

Re: Father Daughter Dance "isn't she lovely" - help!

• Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I asked FI, who is the music guy for a DJ company, and he said that when he added that to a disc that goes out to every wedding, he had to have someone edit that stuff out. You'll probably have to do that. Or maybe you can have whoever's manning the iPod fade in and out so you don't have to listen to the baby?

Good luck with this!
  • Options
    H4albs76H4albs76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is very helpful.  I kind of thought, right after I posted this, that I probably will have to edit it myself.  I think my fiance has a friend who does that kind of stuff. 

Thank you so much!
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're welcome!
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What program are you using to download music??

Maybe you could use a different program for a better version!

GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If it has to be stevie wonder, edit it. If you could go with another artist, check itunes or amazon with just the song title. John Stoddart has a version that sounds really similar...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards