Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

gathering music for reception

My fiance and I have a friend who will serve as DJ and MC, but he does not have all songs to play for the reception. He has all the equipment such as speakers, sound system, etc. I  have to download songs. Does anyone know of any websites where downloads are free and legal? I would use itunes, but with the number of songs needed, we wouldn't save much money :)

Re: gathering music for reception

• edited December 2011

My fiance and I have a friend who will serve as DJ and MC, but he does not have all songs to play for the reception. He has all the equipment such as speakers, sound system, etc. I  have to download songs. Does anyone know of any websites where downloads are free and legal? I would use itunes, but with the number of songs needed, we wouldn't save much money :)

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am by no means a "techie", but here's an idea: Do you have a lot of family members who used to buy music the "old fashioned way" and have numerous CD's? For example, I have several "Best of" CD's, for Gloria Estefan, Chicago, and movie cd's. You can download these onto your computer, then download them to an ipod or something else for your DJ. Might take a few hours, but it's a thought.

Good luck.

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have used Limewire & they were not that expensive at all!! I think I payed a yearly or 6 month fee!! Check into it!

HTH!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Amazon.com is a great place to buy music.  It's cheap, cheerful, and tax free!!  That's where I get most of my music.  I have had bad experiences in the past with limewire.  I have gotten several viruses from them.  Something to think about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards