Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Father/daughter dance?

My future step daughter (she's 29) just let me know she has found a song for the father/daughter dance at our wedding.  I have 2 grown sons who will be serving as ushers but did not plan to have a dance with each of them.  I don't want a long drawn out first dance, father/daughter (me & my dad), mother/son (FI and his mom) plus a father/daughter dance with FI and his daughter and mother/son (me & my sons) dance.  Way too many single dances .  She's a daddy's girl, and I love her too, but .....Any thoughts?

Re: Father/daughter dance?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    She wants to have a father/daughter dance when you're the one getting married? She should save that for her wedding.

Could you have her pick out a slow song for later in the reception that could be deticated to her and her dad but everyone would be dancing to? That way it could still feel special to her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely agree with PP.  It's a much better idea. 
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    gabbyjogabbyjo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you serious?  I agree with everyone else.  Don't let her take your spotlight!
    Grow where you are planted.
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that would make more sense if she were little, but she's an adult. I would just have the DJ dedicate a song to her, and not make it a big ordeal.
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Totally agree with the pp. I would hold off on that until she gets married!

GL!

~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards