Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

1st Dance Trouble!

I am in love with the song Hotel California by the Eagles.  I had heard rumor that the lyrics are interpreted in many different ways, some not so good when related to a relationship and a wedding.  Can I use the song anyway?  Will my guests even know the interpretations?  My fiance knows it is one of my favorites and it is really the only song I have in mind.  Let me know if I need to shop for a new song.

Re: 1st Dance Trouble!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have never heard of these alternative interpretations... what are they? I am sure you will be fine. if you like the song ~ use it!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I joked with my fiance about using this song for his mother-son dance because she loves the 'Eagles.'  He informed me the song was about prostitution. 

Maybe have that song be one of the first songs to kick off the partay!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i've heard this song was about from different people, drugs, prostitution, death, ghosts.. anyway It doesn't say wedding dance song ya know?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah that is kind of what I thought.  Back to the drawing board.  Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree, if you love the song--go for it!! Do not worry about what the lyrics are and who is listening!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    bekahjane89bekahjane89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I had never even considered having this song, but my FI loves this song (for the music quality etc We've never heard of the other interpretations - I thought it was about a creppy hotel! haha). We'll have the song at some point in the reception now. My FI hasn't ever paid attention to what I say about the wedding boards but this got his attention and he loves it! Do what you want!!Smile
    Beka Lou
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards