Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Neon Express/DJ Question

Has anyone used Neon Express out of Bloomington, MN?  Their price is far less than other DJ's and that's a red flag for me.  Are they fun, interactive? Up to date equipment?  Any advice? I'd like to have a DJ for dinner music as well as a dance and be able to keep the price around $700 or less.  I'm not in the metro area, so there will be travel fees too.  THANKS MUCH!

Re: Neon Express/DJ Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This is an international board. I would try posting this on your local MN board.
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could ask this on the Minneapolis board, but there have actually been a bunch of posts about this guy recently.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul

If you go way down to the bottom of the page, you can type "Neon Express" into the search window, make sure "current board" is selected in the drop down box. Most of the ladies really like him, but he's been getting more not-so-great reviews lately.

The reason he's so cheap is that the guy just does it as a side job on the weekends, so he's not a full-time DJ. If you're willing to spend a bit more, I highly recommend Midwest Sound. Full disclosure, I used to DJ for them and I still know a lot of people there. But depending on when/where your wedding is, you may be able to get them for around $700.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards