Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

DJ announce us as husband and wife

Hey guys, FI and I are taking pictures before the ceremony so we can enjoy the cocktail hour with our friends and family.  I am sure I am overanalyzing, but should we have them announce us at the cocktail hour as husband and wife or at the reception.  Or does someone have another idea?  Thanks in advance for your advice.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DJ announce us as husband and wife

• edited December 2011
    It is really up to you. We were not allowed to have a receiving line at church, so we set up an arch where the bride & groom (us) and the entire WP walked through. As we walked in, the DJ announced us and we shook hands and thanked our guests for coming before we took our seats for dinner.
  • edited December 2011
    First of all, looks like we have the same wedding day! :)

I think that you should make a grand entrance for your reception! That is a huge thing where I'm from. We have it all mapped out, have the songs picked and oue entire wedding party is going to be rockin' it the whole way in! The parents are introduced, then wedding party, and then us! I think you can greet people at your cocktail hour, but then really get the party started by being introduced into the reception! Enjoy your day!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your advice ladies.  I think I will still the grand entrance at the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards