Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Father daughter dance

I need some sugestions girls! I still have ot come up with a father/daughter dance song. I don't want to use any of the played out "clasic" father daughter songs. Any sugestions?

Re: Father daughter dance

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely LOVE the song "If I Could" sung by Ray Charles.  It's kinda tricky to find, but it's a beautiful one!
  • Options
    Laura_Jean723Laura_Jean723 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm using non-deminticar by Natalie Cole - you can also just check out the whole album she did as a tribute to her dad, there's a lot of good ones on there.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i personally adore My Little Girl - Tim McGraw, it makes me cry everytime!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using edwin mccain walk with you. It is such an awesome song.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ColeandJenaColeandJena member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what you consider the classic played out songs to be, but Bob Carlisle's "Butterfly Kisses" has always been my choice.
  • Options
    meghanjfordmeghanjford member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_father-daughter-dance-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:6bbecfb4-da13-4b93-aa5f-114a9493db0bPost:a4e2469b-4951-4d7c-a44f-355bf904a0fa">Re: Father daughter dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am using edwin mccain walk with you. It is such an awesome song.
    Posted by wifey2be2010[/QUOTE]

<div>I cannot believe I've never heard this song before - I have been searching for months for the perfect song and now I have goosebumps. THANK YOU!</div>
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using "King of the World" by Point of Grace. It's so beautiful and the perfect song for my dad and I.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
    image Our Furbaby Beaker imageimage
  • Options
    cad5039cad5039 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    God only knows by the beach boys?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are thinking about Sharp Dressed man by ZZ Top, or maube starting with my little girl, i forget who sings it but it's not the tim mcgraw one, and then switching it to Another one bites the dust by Queen =)
    My dad and I could do a sappy song but I think rocking it out as well would play much better to how we are.
  • Options
    tme820tme820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_father-daughter-dance-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:6bbecfb4-da13-4b93-aa5f-114a9493db0bPost:89e6f193-8631-4155-9286-677721819bcf">Re: Father daughter dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're using "I Loved Her First" by Heartland.
    Posted by fpaemp2011[/QUOTE]

<strong><em>We are using the same song as well. It is a very Beautiful song.</em></strong>
  • Options
    adreeezy3adreeezy3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yellow by coldplay
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm dancing with my father to 'Stealing Cinderella' by Chuck Wicks.  I've always been a daddy's girl, so this song fits us perfectly!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    meegin333meegin333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking about "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts - I'm not a country person at all but it's a really fitting song!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've selected "Saturday in the Park" by Chicago since it is a song that really reminds me of growing up, being a kid and spending time with my Dad.  Plus I'm getting married on a Saturday!  Are there any songs that remind you of your Father or times together with him? 
  • Options
    jnu1117jnu1117 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also used Walk with you by Edwin McCain. Such a perfect song.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    McManusKAMcManusKA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another good country song that I think is cute is "There goes my life" by Kenny Chesney, it makes me tear a little every time!
  • Options
    McManusKAMcManusKA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another good country song that I think is cute is "There goes my life" by Kenny Chesney, it makes me tear a little every time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards