Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

accoustic guitar processional?

Has anyone done an accoustic guitar processional, live or recorded? I've been contemplating it but I don't know what song to use. Any thoughts or ideas on something that could sound amazing while walking down the isle? Thanks!
image 31 Total invites!
image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: accoustic guitar processional?

• Options
    Samwise16Samwise16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My best friend and my other really good friend had acoustical processionals.  One of them used an Edwin McCain song (I think) and the other used "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" (which I loved) as well as a few other older songs.  Both turned out beautifully and make a nice down-to-earth feel. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I was recently in a friend's wedding and she had an acoustical guitarist play "God Bless the Broken Road" for the processional, it was gorgeous! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    cukimerrydollcukimerrydoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have done it!  It's one of my favorite things to do for weddings.  I've done Pachabel's "Canon in D" a lot (it's super common here), but I've also done Bach's "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring"....

whoops... I'm sounding like a vendor. 
    Basically, sit down with your guitarist, or put up a Craig'slist ad or something, and see what they can do.  A lot of piano music can be arranged for the guitar.

ETA: I agree with pps.  Radio songs work too.  I love going with the piano for Augustana's "Boston" on the guitar.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure I'm walking down the aisle to bron yr aur by Led Zeppelin (not the stomp version).  Which is an acoustic guitar song no lyrics.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine had someone play the guitar to Coldplay's "Green Eyes" for her processional and it was gorgeous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards