Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Richard Marx's "Right Here Waiting for You"

Do you think Richard Marx's "Right Here Waiting for You" makes for a good first dance song?  My fiance and I survived two years long-distance from different continents, so the song resonates with me.  However, I'm concerned it's rather too sad and long to start off a celebration. 

Alternatively, we're thinking "Better Together" by Jack Johnson since my fiance is really into Jack Johnson.  I also like Buble's "Save the Last Dance for Me" since my fiance is from Latin America and it goes with the music.  Suggestions?

Re: Richard Marx's "Right Here Waiting for You"

• edited December 2011
    I don't know, I always thought "right here waiting for you" was a breakup song? It does sound very sad. 
  • edited December 2011
    I like Richard Marx's song- plus is a throwback so I love when people say they wanna do songs like that! You could always have your DJ edit it to be shorter- so you won't have to dance to the whole thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Love the song in general, but agree that it might not be the appropriate choice for your 1st dance.
    If you are looking for songs that talk about surving distance and such, what about:
    "I Will Be Right Here Waiting for You" by Bryan Adams
    "Home" by Michael Buble
    "Feels Like Home" by Chantal Kreviazuk
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• AmyLH2010AmyLH2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally don't like the Richard Marx song. I would go with one of the others.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards