Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Blog Post: Quality Entertainment

This was posted by a local entertainment company  by me (we are not using them but I thought it was useful information).

Things to keep in mind when planning!

http://www.musicinmotiondjent.com/mim_blog/resources/what-happens-if-the-dj-does-not-show-up/
~Miss.~
~Mrs.~
**Password: kls114**
Photobucket
Anniversary

Re: Blog Post: Quality Entertainment

• Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    This was posted by a local entertainment company  by me (we are not using them but I thought it was useful information).

Things to keep in mind when planning!

http://www.musicinmotiondjent.com/mim_blog/resources/what-happens-if-the-dj-does-not-show-up/
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing!

I used to work for a DJ company, and there was one time I was there (super early) setting up my equipment for a reception. A lady in a wedding gown came in, but I knew it wasn't my bride, since I'd talked to her personally earlier that week and knew they wouldn't be there for a couple hours. She was the bride from another room down the hall, and said that she hadn't been able to get ahold of her DJ all week. She had a voicemail from him after the ceremony saying he wouldn't be able to make it. She asked me if I knew anyone that would be able to do it last minute.

I called the on-call problem solver at my company, and though our company was "booked" for the night, he was able to piece together enough backup equipment, and get one of the on-call DJs to do the show. It felt so good to be able to help her!

"What happens if you can't make it? What is your Plan B?" is something that everyone should be asking of their DJ!
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_blog-post-quality-entertainment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:8d021e9d-b23f-4fc5-9150-358370775ebaPost:d9b3974b-1886-4b87-bfc5-5697c0054668">Re: Blog Post: Quality Entertainment</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for sharing! I used to work for a DJ company, and there was one time I was there (super early) setting up my equipment for a reception. A lady in a wedding gown came in, but I knew it wasn't my bride, since I'd talked to her personally earlier that week and knew they wouldn't be there for a couple hours. She was the bride from another room down the hall, and said that she hadn't been able to get ahold of her DJ all week. She had a voicemail from him after the ceremony saying he wouldn't be able to make it. She asked me if I knew anyone that would be able to do it last minute. I called the on-call problem solver at my company, and though our company was "booked" for the night, he was able to piece together enough backup equipment, and get one of the on-call DJs to do the show. It felt so good to be able to help her! "<strong>What happens if you can't make it? What is your Plan B?" is something that everyone should be asking of their DJ!
    </strong>Posted by tpender13[/QUOTE]

Coudn't agree more!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards