Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Special Dances

What special dances are you planning on doing?  I have been reading all these wedding books and some of them have these dances that I have never heard of like Best Man and MOH dance as well as a separate Wedding Party dance.  Just wanted to see what everyone's plans were.

Re: Special Dances

• Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If we have a dance, we'll do the first dance and that's it. Neither of us really care about doing a garter/bouquet toss, or dances with our parents. Though I do kind of like the idea of doing an anniversary dance, where you ask all the married couples to dance, asking people to sit down if they've been married less than x amount of time, and so on, until the people married the longest are the only ones left...
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Skip the WP dance.  No one in the WP really wants to dance with a random person in front of an audience.  And your guests certainly don't want to watch your WP dance.  It's boring.

And so, of course, DO NOT, do not, do not, make the MOH and BM dance?  I can't imagine why anyone thinks that's a good idea!

Three dances:  bride & groom;  father/daughter;  mother/son.

Then let your guests take the floor and enjoy dancing themselves instead of watching people that they don't know and could not care less about taking their party time.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards