Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

"Can't see my aunt and uncle grooving to Lady Gaga" help.

We're having a small, simple wedding where ceremony and reception will be at the same spot.  Majority of our guests will be the "have-to-invite" relatives that I really can't imagine groovin to anything.  My friends and I LOVE to go dancing...but the groom's friends not so much.  I think it would be awkward to have Lady Gaga playing in the background and no one dancing.....so, can anyone recommend songs, artists,  that would be good no-pressure-to-dance music, but still "hey, let's dance"?

Re: "Can't see my aunt and uncle grooving to Lady Gaga" help.

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you having a DJ? If so, they can answer this for you.

Most weddings have a mix of ages, because older family members are invited. In my case, it's US who are older, and our kids and nieces and nephews are the ones that will want young music.

Google songs for the era you are talking about........60's music, 70's music, etc. Top 20 hits from those years will help you. Some are fast, some are slow.
  • Options
    kissamarykissamary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    there was this really neat article in the knot's spring/summer 2010 issue (at least in the kc one, i'm sure it was in all of them).  It was called "get down tonight" and it was a bunch of song ideas from different genres for different occassions like "get your grandma to groove" and "get the couples to smooch"
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp. If you are having a DJ they should totally help you in this situation--this is their speciality!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm working on compiling a list that will have a mix of all tastes. FI is a metalhead so we are putting a couple "softer" metal songs on there and some fun club songs for my friends and myself. We will have some country, of course! And for the rest we will probably do classic rock and 80's.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    gothicfairygothicfairy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am mixing counrty, some 80's & 90s. Like Bon Jovi, The Temptions, & Savage Garden.Plus much more.  Play the cupid shuffle. Everyone will be sure to get out there & dance. Hope this helps. And best of luck with your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards