Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Hispanic Groom and White Bride - need help with reception!

My fiance has some family coming in from Mexico to come to the wedding so we are having just a few parts of the wedding translated.  I wanted them to feel included...especially since they are driving more than 10 hours to come.  But I need help with the reception... Do I mix up the music?  Do we have the reception translated also?  Like when the DJ calls for a certain dance, or toasts or something?  HELP PLEASE!!!

Hailey

Re: Hispanic Groom and White Bride - need help with reception!

• Options
    emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im in the same boat exactly!  Everyone keeps telling me to just do whatever I want, but the truth is .. what I want is for everyone to feel comfortable, included, happy and having a great time, just like me! 

What FI and I have come up with is translating the essentials for the ceremony and the only thing at the reception will probably be a toast in Spanish by his dad.  As for the music we're definitly mixing it up.  Still unsure about our dinner music but to start off all the dancing we're going with a bunch of spanish salsa type music but blening in some classic dance songs as well for everyone else. We're hoping that our DJ can blend it so it doesnt feel like a transition but more like both! And then gradually toward the end of the night the DJ will have integrating music for younger hip/hop crowd. 

HTH!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Wouldn't your FI know what would be best for his family?  What has your FI suggested you do?

Translations are nice.  I would.  I would also have a translator for the toasts, both for the English and Spanish toasts.  Every guest should feel included - of course, a nice mix of music is a nice gesture.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Although translation isn't an issue for us, we are going to be mixing up the music to accommodate my country family and his spanish family... I am really looking forward to blending them together and our DJ is up for the challenge!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    vlkgabriellavlkgabriella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    See am in the same boat also, but am the hispanic in this situation. We are just having both mexican and american/country music at the reception but my only issue is that i need music names in spanish that i can not find... It's hard for me as i dont really listen to that music much. I just want both sides to feel comfortable. Any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards