Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Wedding march

I have a cousin who has offered to play the wedding march for me while i walk down the aisle. She is younger but a gifted pianist. I think it's sweet and i already said yes. But I worry that the wedding march isn't my style BUT to be honest with you. I was thinking of all the weddings i've been to and i couldn't remember a single song that was played during the prelude, the procession, and the recessional..So i should just let her play and not worry right?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding march

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, after the wedding/reception is said and done, the last thing people (or you) will be thinking about is the procession music, IMO.

I didn't like the traditional wedding marches either, but I found this from perusing this board, actually. Jonathan Cain from Journey playing the bridal march:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIyXWm_cw2E

I dunno if she could get sheet music or whatever for that particular version if you do like it, but thought I'd share.
  • Options
    singprouddkmsingprouddkm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for sharing that with me! I really enjoyed it, I sent her the link so now i hope she can play it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great! I thought it was a nice mix of traditional and (semi) contemporary. Good luck!
  • Options
    angelchild24angelchild24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's really pretty, i'm not big on the traditional version either but that one is really good, thanks
    BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13 BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards