Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

outdoor ceremony music help

Well it seems I have been on the ball with everything except the music. We are getting married in an open area between the trees on our acreage and we have a friend with a sound system to come out to do the microphone stuff, but I haven't even thought about what he is supposed to do while people are getting seated. Also, have not picked out any songs to walk in to, for during the "knot tying" ceremony, or for the recessional. Any suggestions for some more casual music for this? Nothing wrong with traditional stuff, but just doesn't seem like it will go the best with our outdoor setting and the style of everything. We are going for "rustic-romantic" if that helps. I figured someone out there has probably had a wedding similar to this, so any suggestions would be wonderful!

Re: outdoor ceremony music help

• Options
    I would do some contemporary Christian or Inspirational. Most of that genre is would fit what you're describing.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_outdoor-ceremony-music-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:aed1926e-55fa-4cc4-95c8-c85bffc521dcPost:be21545a-f976-4e60-b978-7be0e659a462">Re: outdoor ceremony music help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would do some contemporary Christian or Inspirational. Most of that genre is would fit what you're describing.
    Posted by keringtonp[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thank you, I will look in to that.

</div>
  • Options
    We are using the Pride and Prejudice soundtrack for my bridesmaids and my entrace... nice piano tones... we are getting married in a garden ./farm as well
    hope this helps!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_outdoor-ceremony-music-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:aed1926e-55fa-4cc4-95c8-c85bffc521dcPost:7d2fdc7e-7506-419a-b45e-27c250b18dd6">Re: outdoor ceremony music help</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using the Pride and Prejudice soundtrack for my bridesmaids and my entrace... nice piano tones... we are getting married in a garden ./farm as well hope this helps!
    Posted by mohsept22[/QUOTE]

<div>Well...I like such a variety of music, but right now I am thinking I like a fingerstyle guitar cover of both Moon River and Maybe I'm Amazed. Moon River for processional, Maybe I'm Amazed for bridal processional. Then I was thinking about just doing a contemporary country song for the recessional...thinking "Our Kind of Love" by Lady A. Any thoughts on if this stuff goes together AT ALL? or is appropriate? I have NO clue what sounds good together with this kind of stuff! Thanks!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards