Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Suggestion for Brother / Sister First Dance Song

Does anyone have any suggestions for a brother/sister first dance song?  My father passed a few years ago, and I plan on having my older brother walking me down the aisle, but I'm having trouble picking a song... I would forgo this altogether except that my fiance wants to share this experience with his mom... my bro and I aren't mushy at all... ideas, anyone?

Re: Suggestion for Brother / Sister First Dance Song

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How about Forever young? by Rod Stuwart?

All the best,

Jennie x
  • Options
    mystinamariemystinamarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could just have your (you and groom) first dance and then go right into the mom/son dance. I don't think you should feel obligated to do a bro/sis dance if neither of you are really the type to want it.

If you still want to do it, I'd pick something short and maybe upbeat so it's not too mushy. Do you guys have a favorite band? A song that both of you like, that is fun and quirky? Or maybe something really cute, tied to your childhood, like a Disney song? Just some ideas.. hope it helps!
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    mflatt06mflatt06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing the same thing at my wedding. Same situation. We are doing a song that was played at the funeral & this song also reminds everyone in our family of my dad. Butterfly kisses by bob carlisle. We are doing the brother/bride & mother/groom song together
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards