Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

broadway/showtune music

Is anyone including any music from musicals in their wedding? If so, what did you choose?

I know we are planning on playing love themed broadway tunes during dinner. I've really disliked the music played during dinner at all of the past weddings I've been too. i wanted to do something different, it won't be too loud, so people can talk and relax too.

I'm trying to decide if we want to include one in our ceremony as well. We are getting married in a church, but our priest doesn't mind what music we choose. I just found out I'm going to have a pianist, and several singers for the ceremony. Now I have to think about what they will perform. I think our ceremony will have a mix of traditional and modern.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: broadway/showtune music

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like "love changes everything" - aspects of love. And "All I ask of You" from Phantom.
    "It is better to believe than to disbelieve; in so doing, you bring everything to the realm of possibility." - Albert Einstein
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes! I love the music from Rent esp. Seasons of Love and I'll Cover You. Wicked's As Long as Your Mine is sweet too.

Of course I also Phantom's All I ask of You and Think of Me. :) Its hard to choose.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    From Pippen...You and I.  Old school, but the words are beautiful.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking of using Phantom's Music of the Night performed by Andre Rieu as the Processional music for the bridesmaids, I also love Seasons of Love!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards