Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

help with entrance songs!!

hello, I am having a hard time deciding on what to do with the entrance songs!  Do most people just use one song for the wedding party and the newly wed couple or do they use 2 seperate songs?  I really like the chris Brown Forever song (regardless of whats been said about him)  but should that be for the wedding party or for our entrance? HELP!!!

Re: help with entrance songs!!

• twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen it done both ways. Personally, I think using two songs sounds choppy and strange.

We used one song (DJ Tiesto's "You Are My Diamond") for both the WP's entrance and ours.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • rahboodrierahboodrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey There!  We actually had 3 strongs play...our DJ was so awesome that he transistioned beautifully.  Our Mother's walked down to "A Song for Mama" from Boys to Men (pretty standard)  this pretty much opened our wedding.  Our Bridesmaids walked down to "Overjoyed" by Stevie Wonder.  My best friend/Maid of Honor who is an awesome singer sang "God Bless the Broken Road" the version made popular by Selah as I walked down.  There wasn't a dry eye by the time our Pastor started speaking.  All this and our wedding was about 30 minutes!

Please remember, this is YOU and YOUR fiance's day.  This will be one of a few times in life when those you love and those that love you will celebrate you.  Make your day as memorable as your budget and time constraints allow.

I hope this helps! 
  • edited December 2011
    are you asking for the ceremony or reception??
  • edited December 2011
    I'm thinking you mean for the reception entrance?

Anyway, we just used one song for everyone.
  • edited December 2011
    For our ceremony entrance, the BP will enter to something upbeat and pop, but I want to enter to my own song, which will be only the guitar part of "Wish You Were Here" (Pink Floyd, not Incubus) with no lyrics sung.  I want my own song, and this is my favorite, plus it's a good tempo to walk down the aisle to.

For the reception, FI and I will be announced with "The Imperial March" from Star Wars.  FI is a huge SW freak, and I think it'd be cool to do this for him.
  • edited December 2011
    I would say just one for the whole WP including the B&G.  Sometimes DJs cue it to a "more exciting" place of the song for the B&G.... I have friends who got married in Las Vegas and had an AHR, and the whole WP walked into "Waking up in Vegas" by Katy Perry, but the DJ made sure where they say "waking up in vegas" was playing when the B&G were introduced.
    Anniversary DS was born 11/30/12... so in love :)
  • edited December 2011
    A good entrance song for recep. is "LADIES AND GENTELMAN" by saliva It gets everyone pumped
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards