Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Need non-traditional music to walk down the aisle to!!!!

Hey! I need some ideas for good non traditional music that my bridesmaids can walk down the aisle to as well as me. I would like them to be two different songs if possible!!

Thanks for the help!!!!

Smith Wedding 7-9-11

Re: Need non-traditional music to walk down the aisle to!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I chose two Beatles songs that were covered by an acoustic guitar player.  My bridesmaids came in to "Let it Be," which is one of my favorite Beatles songs.  Then, I came down the aisle to "In My Life."  It was nice because it still had an elegant feel to it but wasn't the same old Canon in D.

The artist's name is Laurence Juber, if that idea is of any interest.  Good luck in your selection! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    this is what im doing: BM walk = Lucky Trumble by Nancy Wilson Me = Here There Everywhere by The Beatles
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm hiring a small acapella group to sing at our ceremony and we're going to have them sing "stand by me" for the processional for the bridesmaids. Not sure what I'm walking down to yet though!
  • Options
    BoxOfRocksBoxOfRocks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used non-wedding classical music for the BMs, but did the usual "Here Comes the Bride" for me.  The BMs' piece was an instrumental version of "Where e're you walk," an aria from G. F. Handel's opera "Selene."  The gist of the libretto is that cool breezes and lovely, flowering trees will shade you wherever you go.  Very pretty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards