Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

song for reception

Hey girls! I want something really fun and upity for my fiance' and I to be introduced to at the reception. Any ideas?! 2 1/2 weeks and I still cant find the right song!!

Re: song for reception

• Options
    weazy27weazy27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    get the party started-pink
    you're my best friend- queen
    celebration- kool & the gang
    and there is one by the black eyed peas but i cant remember the name of it.

hope this helps
  • Options
    FinkFink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What type of music are you into?   Between my FI and I, we have 15,000+ songs on our ipods spanning most  genres and if you give me an idea of what you listen to, I can see what we can come up with. (unless you don't care if the song is from a group you generally listen to?)

(PS: My FI and I are having the same problem.  Thankfully we aren't getting married until October.  But we started early b/c music is a HUGE part of our life (i.e. we are seeing 5 concerts over the next two weeks and generally see anywhere for 25 to 50 concerts a year) and knew this would be a major issue for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that songs that have a great beat our important. We are using Back in Black by ACDC. It is also a great song for us because the Iowa Hawkeyes (where we go to school) come out to this song. We also may use Shipping up to Boston which has a great opening and we are both Boston sports fans.

However, I think that if I didn't have a significant song like this, I would probably use "Tonight's gonna be a good night" by the Black Eyed Peas. I love this song and it would definitely start the night on a good note. I think I will use this for one of the first songs that everyone comes out and dances to.
    August 2011 Siggy Challenge - Favorite E-Pic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image 275 Invited image 113 Partying it up image 15 At home lonely image 145 MIA
  • Options
    taykitz02taykitz02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

"Tonight's gonna be a good night" by the Black Eyed Peas is what were thinking of entering with.  It is such a fun song and has a really cool beat.  I’m trying to find good songs for during the reception like during the dinner, cake cutting ext.  I want to create a romantic atmosphere with the music to match our décor, but not put everyone to sleep. Any ideas?

• Options
    mapales2mapales2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing "Hey Girl" by O.A.R.  It has a pretty fun beat and the the words are fun too.
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have some ideas in my planning bio under music suggestions.

HTH!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards