Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Processional

Is anyone NOT having two different songs in their processional?  I LOVE Arioso by Bach and I really want to walk down the aisle to it... but I think my walk is too short I'd rather hear more than 20 seconds of the song.  So I thought of having my maids walk down to that.... but then I don't know what to walk down to.  Something similar..?
imageimageimage

Re: Processional

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using the instrumental version of a song and I am just going to have the beginning repeat until all my bridesmaids are down the aisle and then there is a part in the song that is dramatic, which is when I will begin my walk.  You could do something along those lines, if there is a part of the song you really like then I would use that to cue your walk down the aisle.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree, there's no reason you couldn't walk in to the same song as your BM's.  I've seen that & done that quite a few times playing myself.  As mentioned by CM, the musician/organist/whomever can just begin to make it a little more dramatic before your entrance.  Plus, the congregation will know it's your turn, when the mothers stand, which they could just use a certain part in the song for their cue. 
    When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things must happen: There will be something solid for us to stand on, or we will be taught to fly. -Patrick Overton
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_processional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:d36dbc6d-74bb-472b-bef7-193bfc0e0f72Post:1dbe670d-1ca4-44e3-94e5-ad9b3d6d7da7">Re: Processional</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was a church organist for more than 20 years, and many of my brides used the same music for the attendants.  I just upped the organ registration a bit before the bride came in to get people's attention.  If you want something different for the attendants, how about "Sheep May Graze" or Canon in D by Bach?
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

Not to dispute a fellow organist =), but do you mean Canon in D by Pachelbel?  Sheep May Safely Graze is by Bach.

Also, I second the idea that it's entirely possible to use the same piece for WP and Bride.  Just change the registration on the organ to a brighter sound, and put a subtle pause in and it will differentiate.

I love Arioso and think it's a perfect processional.

GL
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used one song for the entire processional.  It worked just fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards