Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Distant Father/ Daughter dance song???

I have never lived with my father because my parents got divorced when I was a baby. We live in different states and only talk on holidays and birthdays, special occasions, etc.. Anyway I don't have a step father or anything so when I invited him I wasn't sure if he was going to come to the wedding or not but then he said he would and now I don't know what kind of song to choose.  I thought of eliminating this dancing part but then I would have to eliminate my fiance's and mother in law dance, they would kill me if i would even mention it to them. So any ideas as to where I can get a song that would be appropriate???

Thank you,
AlexsisUndecided

Re: Distant Father/ Daughter dance song???

• edited December 2011
    Maybe something generic like What a Wonderful World...that's not too sappy daddy-daughter-ish.  I have the same issue coming up as I am not close with my father, and plan to invite him.  Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    Is there a different significant male figure in your life? I am in the same situation where I'm not close to my dad, but am inviting him. I'm having my grandfather, whom I am extremely close to, walk me down the aisle and having a grandfather-granddaughter dance with him at the reception.

Good luck with figuring it out... I hope it all works out.
  • edited December 2011
    I am not super close with my dad, but I know that walking me down the aisle and a dance would mean a lot to him. That being said, we are using the song "My Wish" by Rascall Flatts for our father/daughter - mother/son dance. Good luck!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards