Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Father/Daughter & Mother/Son ~ HELP! Need some ideas of a mutual song PLEASE!

Hello To All!!
My fiance & I have decided to combine our Father/Daughter & Mother/Son dance.  My dad & I will have our moment by ourself & mid song my husband & his mom will join us. I know, I know so not traditional! (LOL) But our wedding has turned out to be anything but traditional, it's more US!  And I love it! Although, we are keeping most of the "meaningful" traditions.
Anywho, I'm having a hard time finding a good song that is mutual for this dance.  We are country music people, however, we love all types of music, it doesn't have to be country (although I'd prefer country) BUT I'm open to any suggestions and or ideas & appreciate anyone's input!  Thanks A Bunch!

~Carole~ Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Father/Daughter & Mother/Son ~ HELP! Need some ideas of a mutual song PLEASE!

• JayAreJayAre member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but this song came to mind, called "In my arms" by Plumb. It's a different approach, from a parent talking about her little child and how she'll always be there for her baby...

Otherwise, here are some other ones:
    you've got a friend - James Taylor
    unforgettable - Natalie Cole and Nat King Cole
    Shower the people you love with love - James Taylor
    because you love me - Celine dion - this one is really good, almost like thanking your parents!!

hope that helps

• edited December 2011
    "Forever Young" by Rod Stewart.  The song is pretty good, and the lyrics are awesome.  It is representative of a parent / child relationship, so would work for your joint dance.
  • tiffany3579tiffany3579 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are planning to do the same and we are using "There You'll Be" by Faith Hill.
  • Polaris2011Polaris2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wish- rascal flatts is my father/daughter dance
  • edited December 2011
    I am a country fan myself, and we are doing the same thing....I'm dancing with my step-father and my FI is dancing with his mother. We just picked our song this morning, and it's not something I would normally choose, but I think it's going to work perfect. "Here For You" by Neil Young.
  • edited December 2011

Thanks to all of you for the input .. Sorry I have not been on here much lately!  I decided planning a wedding was not enough for me to do  ... we are also in the process of moving (LOL)!!

I was actually thinking of a few James Taylor but here's one I keep going back to .. don't know if any of you are Texas Music Fans but I really love the Stoney Larue song (Forever Young) .. this version on youtube is not the best & the original track is not this long!!   Whatcha think:?  I can take constructive criticism! =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skOcrK_FVTE&feature=BFa&list=AVGxdCwVVULXclf5bu5pEkR3akYZnN6O_1&index=4

• edited December 2011
    I like that song .. very sweet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards