Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

upbeat recessional song? too cheesy?

I'm sticking with kinda traditional for the processional but would like to have a more upbeat for the recessional (you know, ceremony is over...lets get our life started!)  I was thinking about "you're my first, my last, my everything" by barry white.  a little background:  FI and I are each others very first bf/gf and have been together ever since -for 9 years, I was 16....so we really are each others first and last love.  Is that too cheesy and a horrible choice?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: upbeat recessional song? too cheesy?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think whatever you believe is right is a good choice :)  It's your day :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not at all, especially because it has such special meaning for the 2 of you. I say go for it!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We're doing Natalie Cole, "This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)" as our recessional song.  Something upbeat and fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing "Lost in The Moment" by Big and Rich for my recessional. I think an upbeat song is perfect for the recessional, especially since it applies to your relationship.
    I'm married!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i love that it has meaning to you...that is why you choose the music anyway.  we are doing would you go with my by josh turner!!!!  all our music is untraditional.  our entrace song is, it takes two by rob bass,  i cant wiat to see the reaction hahaha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    SuperElf10SuperElf10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's awesome!  we're also using josh turner's would you go with me, and of those who know, not many understand why.  but it's special to the two of us.  I say go for it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married on a Friday, and we both love the 80's... so we chose "Friday (I'm in Love)" by The Cure for our recessional.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think its fine. We are doing "Only Want To Be With You" by Hootie and the Blowfish for our recessional.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards